Take a look inside my wallet to see which credit cards I’m using for Q4 2023! This time I’ve got a BIG focus on cash back credit cards, striving for a 5% rate as often as I can! Click “Show More” to see Ad Disclosure, links, and additional information below.
📲 MAXREWARDS – Manage credit cards & rewards!
Get Gold level for free with PROMO CODE = markr
💥👇 VIEW CREDIT CARD OFFERS!
💳👇 DISCOVER IT $50 BONUS!
🛍 RAKUTEN – Earn Cash Back!
🏦 SOFI CHECKING & SAVINGS – Get $25! (or more w/ direct deposit)
📊 GET FREE STOCKS FROM MOOMOO
📊 GET FREE STOCKS FROM WEBULL
🔐 AURA – Identity Theft Protection & More!
Get Your 2-Week Free Trial: https://markscreditcards.com/aura
🥇 CHANNEL MEMBERSHIP – VIP Perks!
00:00 – Intro
00:15 – Card #1
2:24 – Card #2
4:13 – Card #3
7:45 – Card #4
10:42 – Card #5
12:31 – Card #6
14:15 – Card #7
Here’s my best credit card strategy for Q4 2023!
1. Amex Gold Card: Fantastic card for food! I’ll be earning 4X on groceries at U.S. Supermarkets and redeeming my Amex Membership Rewards points for cash back via my Amex Platinum Card for Schwab (it gives me a 1.1¢ per point value, so a 4.4% overall return on grocery spend).
2. Bilt Mastercard: My top choice to pay rent (1X), earn rewards on dining (3X), and avoid the transaction fee on most rent payments! An excellent travel credit card with no annual fee and top-notch transfer partners.
3. Discover it Cash Back credit card: Right now, this credit card is earning 5% cash back at Amazon and Target on up to $1,500 in combined spend for the quarter. These are 2 retailers I use a lot. Remember to activate the categories.
4. Chase Freedom 5%: This is the original Chase Freedom card that runs on the Visa card network. It’s earning 5% back via PayPal, Wholesale Clubs, and Select Charities on up to $1,500 in combined spend for the quarter. A great choice for earning cash back on my Costco runs! (I wish I could’ve used the Chase Freedom Flex, but that one is a Mastercard and therefore isn’t accepted at Costco.) Remember to activate the categories, too.
5. U.S. Bank Cash Plus: This one allows me to earn 5% cash back on TV, Internet, and Streaming as well as on Home Utilities. A unique credit card that covers categories not seen on many other cards!
6. Citi Custom Cash Card: This one allows you to earn 5% cash back on your Top Spend category for each billing cycle, on up to $500 for that cycle, from a preset list of 10 different categories. For me, I’ll be using the card only for gas stations to guarantee it earns 5% there.
7. Citi Double Cash Card: For my purchases that would normally earn 1% on other cards, I’ll be using the Citi Double Cash to earn 2% instead. It earns 1% when you buy and 1% when you pay your bill.
Disclosure: This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com, YourBestCreditCards.com, and others. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. The content in this video is accurate as of the posting date. Some of the offers mentioned may no longer be available. Mark Reese is not a financial advisor.
#whatsinmywallet #bestcreditcards #creditcards